Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup graham crackers crushed
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F while preparing the recipe.
- 2. In a first bowl, pour the melted butter. In a second bowl, pour crushed graham crackers. On a flat and clean surface, spread the tortillas.
- 3. With the outline of a round glass or cookie cutter, cut out 4 to 5 circles in each tortilla, for a total of 20 circles. Dip the pieces of tortillas in the melted butter, then coat them with crushed Graham biscuits.
- 4. Flip a muffin tin upside down. Place the pieces of tortillas between the muffin compartments. Bake 10 minutes until golden. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool.
- 5. Meanwhile, whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lime zest, vanilla and 35% cream until peaks form. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Then transfer to an icing pen.
- 6. Prepare the strawberry filling. In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, 1 teaspoon of water and the sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until strawberries are softened.
- 7. In a small bowl, add 1 tablespoon water to the cornstarch, then mix until a it is you obtain a smooth mixture. Pour into the saucepan and bring to a boil. Mix and remove from heat to cool completely.
- 8. Divide the cheesecake mixture between the tortilla cups. Then add 1/2 teaspoon of the strawberry mixture on top. Sprinkle with crushed graham crackers, transfer the bites to a serving platter and enjoy!